Who May Apply?
Adult students who are attending an institution that currently has an active Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter and who have achieved the following criteria (Student does not have to be a member of the local Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter to apply):
- Completed 24 semester hours (36 quarter hours) of graded coursework at this institution. (Not including transfer hours, assessment hours, CLEP credit and the like and not including any courses in which the student is currently enrolled).
- Achieved a grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all work taken at this institution
- Is enrolled in an associate’s or a baccalaureate degree program at this institution
- Has a financial need for assistance to complete their degree
- Personal statement
- Faculty recommendation
- Financial need
Application and Deadlines
Alpha Sigma Lambda is pleased to announce that for the 2019-20 academic year it will grant a total of thirteen(13) $3500 scholarships.
Students must submit their applications to the chapter councilor for review. Only Chapter Councilors may forward application packets to the Home Office after verifying your GPA, completed hours at the institution, and other required information. You may not forward your own packets. Packets received in this manner will be void.
Check with the ASLHS Chapter Councilor at your institution for the date by which you must have your completed packet submitted in order to meet the submission deadline.
Applications submitted by Chapter Councilors must be postmarked by April 26, 2019.
- Grants will be made to adult students in continuing higher education based on scholarship, leadership, the clarity and content of their personal statement, strength of recommendation and need.
- Funds will be disbursed to the student and made payable to the student and the university/college
- Maximum award per individual will be determined each year.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability unrelated to program performance, veteran status or genetic or family medical history.
Conflict of Interest Policy: No relative or member of the household of any ASL Society Director or Member of the Selection Committee will be eligible for a Scholarship Grant.