Who May Apply?
Any student at an institution that has an Alpha Sigma Lambda Chapter and who has achieved the following criteria (Student does not have to be a member of the local Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter to apply):
- Completed 24 semester hours (36 quarter hours) of graded coursework at this institution. (Not including transfer credits)
- Achieved a grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all work taken at this institution
- Is enrolled in an associate’s or baccalaureate degree program at this institution
- Has a financial need for assistance to complete the degree
Number of Awards Given
- Alpha Sigma Lambda is pleased to announce that for the 2017-18 academic year, it will grant a total of twelve $3000 scholarships.
- The number of scholarships and the amounts vary year to year based upon donations. Would you like to donate to the scholarship fund? Visit the online store and select Scholarship Donations!
- Personal statement
- Faculty recommendation
- Financial need
Application packets are not currently available. Only Chapter Councilors may forward application packets to the Home Office after verifying your GPA, completed hours at the institution, and other required information. You may not forward your own packets.
- Grants will be made to adult students in continuing higher education based on scholarship, leadership, the clarity and content of their personal statement, strength of recommendation and need.
- Funds will be disbursed to the student and made payable to the student and the university/college
- Maximum award per individual will be determined each year.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability unrelated to program performance, veteran status or genetic or family medical history.
Conflict of Interest Policy: No relative or member of the household of any ASL Society Director or Member of the Selection Committee will be eligible for a Scholarship Grant.